My Gators are going to Glendale!

The voters have spoken and the Gators are on their way to the National Championship game in Glendale, AZ on January 8! What a rush!
I was lucky enough to be there for both the 1995 game in Tempe, AZ (a blowout loss to Nebraska) and the 1996 game in New Orleans (a blowout win over FSU). Lisa was telling me tonight that I should try to go to this one, too. We do have season tickets to UF games, so I'm sure I'd be given some priority in ordering. But the ticket prices are probably in the $200 range. That's steep! Plus travel, hotel, rental car, etc.
Maybe I should go ahead and order the tickets, then sell them? Make a little money?
Tonight, I've been obsessed with watching coverage on TV and reading Michigan fans whine online about how they were screwed. It's funny. Do I think Florida is lucky to be playing for the championship? A little. Do I think they can win it all? Yes. Everyone is saying how OSU is going to crush Florida. That's perfect! Nobody thought Alabma had a shot at beating Miami, nobody thought Oklahoma could hang with FSU, nobody thought Ohio State could keep up with Miami, nobody thought UCLA had a prayer to beat USC, and now (five hours after the announcement) nobody thinks the Gators have a chance. We'll see my friends, we'll see!
Note: What nobody has mentioned in all this is that the Gators have a chance to win the National Title in BOTH basketball AND football within one year. How you like them apples!



1 Comments:
If you do get and exter ticket I will buy it for Brad. He would love to go.
Post a Comment
<< Home